Last weekend, I installed Arch Linux for the second time (I messed up my first installation). After the installation process, I found myself in a command line system (as expected), so I had to install a lot of applications by hand.
Just as a reference, I will list the packages I installed, so that I have them for if I ever have to reinstall Arch from scratch again.
Some basic command line tools:
- networkmanager (interesting for laptop; replace standard network service by networkmanager)
The freedom hating nvidia driver
General desktop apps
I am a wannabe Android developer (see Arch wiki for additional packages to install)
Tools which allow me to use Arch at work
- twinkle (SIP phone)
- rdesktop (for terminal services)
- paprefs (I use a dedicated account for virtualbox, I start it with sudo, but I want sound)
- virtualbox (run Windows)
- qt (fot the virtualbox gui)
- thunderbird (plugins allow me to combine Google calendar and Exchange calendar)